This is a comprehensive post on the Dhan app review. In this post, I will explain the various features of the app. Further, I will walk you through its pros and cons to provide you with good clarity about the Dhan app.
Dhan is a lightning-fast platform for long-term investors and traders. The platform has products comprising Equity, Commodity, Currency, Futures & Options, ETFs, Options, and Mutual Funds. Most importantly, the platform comes with advanced trading charting tools, superfast APIs, and Tradingview integration. Customers can open a Demat & Trading Account with Dhan in minutes.
Dhan doesn’t charge any AMC. As far as the brokerage structure goes, Dhan charges zero brokerage on Equity (Delivery) and Rs 20 or 0.03% per executed order, whichever is lower on Equity Intraday and All Segment Futures. For all segment Options, the platform charges Rs 20.
Dhan offers customers its web application and mobile application for trading and investing.
If we consider the interface, the trading application comes with an exceptionally intuitive and clean interface. The platform allows customers to integrate their Dhan accounts with Tradingview and trade from the Tradingview charts. Integrating the Dhan app with Tradingview has many advantages for any trader. For example, once you integrate your Dhan account with Tradingview, a trader can punch orders right from the Tradingview interface.
Besides, you can simply drag the stop loss to your desired price point whenever you feel like trailing it. Further, Dhan comes with innovative features such as the Trader’s Diary, wherein you can see the summary of your profit and loss. You can set the range to a daily basis or a monthly basis. You may also select a custom range. Apart from this, you can add notes to your past trades.
- Ideal for both trading and investing
- Zero Account Opening Charges and Zero Annual Maintenance Charges
- Zero Brokerage on Equity Delivery
- Rs 20 or 0.03% per executed order, whichever is lower on Equity Intraday and all segments Futures and Options
- Supports Equity, Commodity, Currency, Futures & Options, ETFs, Options, and Mutual Funds
- Offers advanced features like APIs, and webhooks for trading
- Dhan charting application is available on the web and mobile platforms
- Allows users to integrate their Dhan accounts into an external Tradingview chart
- Dhan comes with the Trader’s Diary option
- Decent Customer Support and Knowledge Base
- Zero Account Opening Charges and Zero AMC
- Zero Brokerage on Equity Delivery
- Wide range of trading and investment options
- Advanced charting applications for web and mobile platforms
- Easy-to-use and clean application interface on all device platforms
- Many advanced features, such as Tradingview integration, APIs, webhooks, and Trader’s Diary
- Ideal for Algo trading since it offers APIs for free
- The Influencer Programme helps you earn some extra money
- Excellent Customer Support with experienced and helpful executives
- Users may get confused with so many features
- Not a 3-in-1 account model
Dhan App Review FAQs
Is Dhan a good broker?
Dhan is a SEBI registered and is currently an extremely popular trading and investing platform in India. The platform offers trading and investment options comprising Equity, Commodity, Currency, Futures & Options, ETFs, Options, and Mutual Funds. Besides, Dhan offers many advanced features, and most importantly, it offers excellent charting applications on the web and mobile platforms. The platform is equally suitable for Algo Trading since it offers APIs for free.
Is Dhan better than Zerodha?
Zerodha is undoubtedly the most reliable trading platform in India. However, Dhan has a slight edge over Zerodha, and this is the reason that many Zerodha users are switching over to Dhan. Dhan offers a better charting experience than Zerodha, with free API integration and webhooks.
Another advantage customers can have with Dhan is that it doesn’t charge any Annual Maintenance Charges, unlike Zerodha. Further, the fact that Dhan offers free APIs for Algo Platforms makes it an ideal trading platform for Algo trading as well.
Is the Dhan app free?
The Dhan app is absolutely free. Customers can open a Dhan account for free; further, Dhan doesn’t charge any Annual Maintenance Charges. However, trading and investment on the platform are not free and include brokerage charges. Dhan charges zero Brokerage on Equity Delivery and Rs 20 or 0.03% per executed order, whichever is lower on Equity Intraday and all Futures and Options segments.
The Bottom Line
Your trading or investing journey needs you to choose the right platform for good growth. Dhan has put its best efforts into addressing the needs of traders and investors. The platform offers many valuable features that were missing in the other platforms, such as free APIs and webhooks. I have explained all the essential pros and cons of the platform, and I am sure you have gained good clarity on Dhan after reading this post. However, it's important to bear in mind that the Dhan mobile app logs out sometimes in the middle of trade, which can cause a lot of inconvenience. Once Dhan makes its mobile app bug-free, it's will be an excellent platform to trade on.