Are you considering investing in the stock market? If so, you may be wondering which company to invest in. Two popular options include Angel One and Dhan.
Angel One is a full-service retail brokerage that offers trading, investment, advisory, and wealth management services. With Angel One, you'll have access to a plethora of investment options, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and more.
On the other hand, Dhan offers a mobile-first trading app platform that makes it easy for everyday people to start investing. With Dhan, you can invest in mutual funds, gold, and stocks all in one place. Plus, their app offers helpful features like goal-based investments, SIPs, and easy tracking of your investments.
Ultimately, choosing between Angel One and Dhan depends on your personal investment goals and preferences. Keep reading to learn more about the pros and cons of each option before making your decision.
Diverse Investment Options
Angel One offers a wide range of investment options to help you achieve your financial goals. You can choose from investing in stocks, mutual funds, commodity futures, IPOs, and bonds. The brokerage platform also offers margin trading, algo trading, and portfolio management services.
Easy to Use Trading Platform
Angel One provides a user-friendly trading platform that helps you make informed investment decisions. The platform allows you to see a live feed of stock market news and prices. You can also access advanced charting and technical analysis tools to help you study the market.
Research and Analysis
Angel One's research and analysis team provides its customers with detailed research reports, stock analysis, and market insights through their mobile and web application. This can help you stay updated on the current stock market trends and make informed investment decisions.
Low Brokerage Fees
Angel One's brokerage fees are among the lowest in the market, making it a cost-effective platform for investing. They also offer various subscription plans to help you save money on brokerage fees when investing in different asset classes.
Angel One has a team of investment advisors who can provide personalized advice based on your investment goals and risk appetite. This can help you create a diversified portfolio and make informed investment decisions.
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced investor, Angel One provides a comprehensive platform for you to achieve your financial goals. With its diverse investment options, easy-to-use platform, low brokerage fees, and investment advisory services, Angel One makes investing more accessible to everyone.
Investment Options Offered by Dhan
Dhan offers a wide range of investment options that allow you to grow your wealth and achieve your financial goals. From mutual funds to stocks, fixed deposits to bonds, there is something for everyone.
Here are some of the investment options offered by Dhan:
- Mutual Funds: Dhan offers mutual funds from some of the best fund houses in India and across the globe. You can choose from equity funds, debt funds, balanced funds, and more.
- Equity Shares: Dhan also allows you to invest in the stock market, giving you access to a plethora of companies and sectors. With Dhan, you can easily buy and sell equity shares online.
- Fixed Deposits: For those who prefer safe investments, Dhan offers fixed deposits with attractive interest rates. You can choose the deposit term and amount that suits you best.
- Bonds and Debentures: Dhan also offers bonds and debentures issued by various companies, allowing you to invest in fixed-income securities.
- Initial Public Offerings (IPOs): If you're looking to invest in new companies, Dhan enables you to apply for IPOs online and potentially earn great returns.
Dhan offers a convenient and user-friendly platform that allows you to invest and manage your portfolio with ease. You can monitor your investments, check your portfolio's performance, and make trades anytime, anywhere. With Dhan, you can take charge of your finances and achieve your investment goals like a pro.
When considering which brokerage to use for your investments, the account opening process and associated charges are important factors to consider. Here, we'll compare the account opening process and charges for Angel One and Dhan, two popular options in the brokerage world.
Angel One Vs Dhan Opening Process
Angel One has a simple and straightforward account opening process. You can open an account with them online, and it takes about 15-20 minutes to complete the process. You'll need to provide your PAN, address proof, and bank account details to open an account with them.
On the other hand, Dhan requires a little more effort to open an account with them. You'll need to download the account opening form from their website, fill in your details, and then submit the form to the nearest Dhan office or courier it to their head office. You'll also need to provide your PAN, address proof, and bank account details to open an account with them.
Angel One Vs Dhan Charges Comparison
When it comes to charges, Angel One and Dhan have different fee structures.
Angel One charges a flat fee of ₹20 per executed order, regardless of the order value. They do not charge any account opening fees or annual maintenance charges. You can also opt for their prepaid brokerage plans, which offer lower brokerage rates.
Dhan, on the other hand, charges a percentage-based brokerage fee. They charge 0.1% for intraday trading and 0.5% for delivery trades. They also have a minimum brokerage charge of ₹20 per trade. In addition, they charge an account opening fee of ₹300 and an annual maintenance charge of ₹300.
Charges Comparison Table
|Account Opening Fee
|Annual Maintenance Charge
|Minimum Brokerage Charge
|Brokerage Fee Per Order
|0.1% for Intraday Trading and 0.5% for Delivery Trades
Overall, both Angel One and Dhan offer good options for opening an account and investing in the stock market. However, the differences in their account opening process and fee structures may make one option more appealing than the other for you.
Angel One Vs Dhan Trading Platforms Comparison
When it comes to choosing between Angel One and Dhan as your trading platform, there are a few key factors to consider. Both platforms offer a range of features that can help you make informed investment decisions, but there are also some significant differences to keep in mind.
One of the most important considerations when choosing a trading platform is fees. Both Angel One and Dhan offer competitive pricing plans, but there are some differences to note.
- Angel One charges a flat brokerage fee of Rs. 20 per trade across all segments, which is among the lowest in the industry.
- Dhan charges a brokerage fee of 0.01% on the turnover value of the trade, subject to a minimum fee of Rs. 9.
Depending on the type of trading you plan to do, one platform may be more cost-effective than the other.
Angel One Vs Dhan User interface
Another factor to consider is the user interface of each platform. Both Angel One and Dhan offer well-designed platforms that are easy to use, but there are some differences to note.
- Angel One's platform is known for being intuitive and user-friendly, making it a great option for beginners and experienced traders alike.
- Dhan's platform is also user-friendly, but offers a more advanced set of features that may appeal more to experienced traders.
The best platform for you will depend on your level of experience and the specific features you're looking for.
Angel One Vs Dhan Customer service
If you have any questions or issues with your trading App, it's important to have access to reliable customer service. Both Angel One and Dhan offer customer service via phone, email, and live chat, but there are some differences to note.
- Angel One has a reputation for providing excellent customer service, with quick response times and knowledgeable representatives.
- Dhan also provides responsive customer service, but some users have reported longer wait times for assistance.
Angel One Vs Dhan Mobile app
Finally, it's worth considering the mobile app for each platform. Both Angel One and Dhan offer mobile apps that allow you to manage your investments on the go, but there are some differences to note.
- Angel One's mobile app is well-designed and easy to use, with a range of helpful features.
- Dhan's mobile app is also user-friendly, but some users have reported issues with app stability and bugs.
Ultimately, both Angel One and Dhan offer solid trading platforms with competitive pricing plans and helpful features. By considering these key factors, you can choose the platform that best fits your needs and investment goals.
In the world of trading, having the right tools and resources can make all the difference in your success. That's why choosing the right trading platform and research tool is crucial. In this section, we will take a closer look at the research and analysis tools offered by Angel One and Dhan and compare their features and capabilities.
Angel One offers a comprehensive set of research and analysis tools, including:
- Stock screener: This tool allows you to filter stocks based on various parameters, including market cap, P/E ratio, dividend yield, and more.
- Technical analysis: Angel One offers a range of charting tools that allow you to analyze stocks and trends based on various technical indicators.
- Fundamental analysis: The platform provides access to company profiles, financial statements, and other key data to help you make informed investment decisions.
- Trading APIs: Angel One provides APIs that allow you to build your trading applications and automate your trading strategies.
On the other hand, Dhan offers the following research and analysis tools:
- Charting tools: Dhan provides a range of charting tools that allow you to analyze the market and identify trading opportunities.
- Fundamental analysis: The platform offers access to company financials, news, and other key data to help you make informed investment decisions.
- Options analytics: Dhan provides advanced options analytics tools that allow you to analyze options strategies and identify potential profits and risks.
When it comes to research and analysis tools, both platforms offer a range of features and capabilities that can help traders make informed decisions. That being said, Angel One offers a more comprehensive set of tools, including a stock screener and trading APIs, while Dhan focuses more on advanced options analytics.
In conclusion, choosing the right trading platform and research tool ultimately depends on your trading style and preferences. Both Angel One and Dhan offer powerful tools that can help you succeed in the market. So, consider your needs and goals before making a decision.
Thanks for the reminder, I'll make sure to follow the guidelines. Here's the section on “Customer Support Comparison”:
Customer Support Comparison
When it comes to trading, having good customer support is crucial. Both Angel One and Dhan offer customer support through multiple channels, including phone, email, and live chat. Here's how they compare:
- Availability: Angel One's customer support is available 24/7, while Dhan's is available from 9 am to 6 pm on weekdays and from 9 am to 2 pm on Saturdays.
- Response Time: Both companies promise to respond to queries within 24 hours. However, Angel One's response time is generally faster, with an average response time of 2-4 hours, compared to Dhan's 4-6 hours.
- Quality of Support: Both companies have received positive feedback for their customer support. However, Angel One's support team is known for being more knowledgeable and providing more personalized solutions.
- Additional Services: Angel One offers a range of additional services, including Angel Broking Store, Angel Eye, and Angel SpeedPro. These services provide customers with more tools and resources to enhance their trading experience. Dhan, on the other hand, focuses solely on trading and does not offer any additional services.
- Languages Supported: Angel One provides customer support in English and Hindi, while Dhan offers support in English, Hindi, and Gujarati.
Overall, both Angel One and Dhan provide decent customer support. However, Angel One's 24/7 availability, faster response time, and range of additional services make them the better choice for traders who prioritize customer support.
The Mobile Applications Comparison between Angel One and Dhan is an important aspect to consider when choosing the right investment platform for you. Both platforms offer mobile applications that allow you to invest in the stock market and manage your portfolio on-the-go. Here is a breakdown of the pros and cons of each platform's mobile app:
Angel One Mobile App
Angel One's mobile app is available for both Android and iOS devices. It has an overall good rating on both platforms and offers a user-friendly interface. Some of the key features of Angel One's mobile app include:
- Easy to use and navigate
- Customizable dashboard
- Live streaming of market news and updates
- Option to set alerts for stock performance
- Option to place trades from within the app
However, some users have reported issues with the app's performance, including slow loading times and glitches. Additionally, the app does not provide research reports or investment advice, which could be a downside for some users.
Dhan Mobile App
Dhan also offers a mobile app for both Android and iOS devices. The app has a high rating on both platforms and is known for its simplicity and ease of use. Some of the key features of Dhan's mobile app include:
- Intuitive interface
- Option to invest in mutual funds
- Option to track mutual fund investments
- Seamless integration with UPI payment system
However, some users have reported that the app lacks some advanced features, such as stock screener and alerts for stock performance. Additionally, the app does not provide research reports or investment advice, similar to Angel One's mobile app.
In conclusion, both Angel One and Dhan offer user-friendly mobile applications that allow you to invest in the stock market and manage your portfolio on-the-go. While Angel One offers more advanced features like alerts and trading options, Dhan's app is known for its simplicity and seamless integration with UPI. Ultimately, the right choice depends on your personal preferences and investment goals.
In this section, we'll compare the security features of Angel One and Dhan. Keeping your finances safe is a top priority, so it's important to compare the security measures of these two platforms before making a final decision.
Both Angel One and Dhan use encryption technology to protect your account. Your account information and transactions are encrypted so that unauthorized parties can't access them. Angel One uses 256-bit SSL encryption and Dhan uses 128-bit SSL encryption. This difference in encryption strength is not likely to have a significant impact on security.
Angel One and Dhan both offer the option for two-factor authentication. This means that after entering your password, you will need to confirm your identity through another method, such as a text message or phone call. Opting for two-factor authentication offers an extra layer of security for your account.
Angel One and Dhan both use fraud detection systems to monitor your account for any unusual activity. If any suspicious transactions are detected, you will receive an alert and the platform's security team will investigate. This helps prevent fraudulent transactions and keeps your account safe.
Angel One offers insurance for your account through the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC). This insurance protects up to $500,000 per account type. Dhan does not offer this type of insurance. However, it is important to note that neither platform can guarantee the safety of your investments.
Overall, both Angel One and Dhan offer strong security measures to protect your account. While there are some differences in encryption strength and insurance options, the available security features are more than sufficient to keep your account safe. Be sure to choose the platform that best suits your needs and preferences!
Conclusion: Which One is Right for You?
Angel One and Dhan are both great options for digital trading platforms. Both platforms offer various benefits based on your needs and requirements.
So, which one is right for you? It depends on what you are looking for, but we can provide some guidance to help you make the decision.
Here's a side-by-side comparison of some key features of each platform:
|Simple and User-friendly
|Available for iOS and Android
|Available for iOS and Android
|Products and Services
|Extensive range of investment options
|24/7 Call and Chat Support
|9 AM to 9 PM Customer Support
If you're new to investing, Angel One is a great choice for its easy-to-use interface, affordable pricing, and wide range of investment options. On the other hand, if you prefer a more complex trading platform and have experience with trading, you may prefer Dhan. As already mentioned in this post, Dhan mobile app is a bit buggy. Once Dhan makes it mobile app more reliable, Dhan will certainly be a good platform to count on in all aspects.
Regardless of which platform you choose, always remember the importance of research and analysis before investing. Don't forget to read and understand the terms and conditions of the services you are using.
We hope this comparison helps you make an informed decision on which trading platform is the best fit for you. Happy Investing!
What is a demat account?
A demat account is a digital repository where your securities like stocks, mutual funds, and other investments are held electronically.
Are Angel One and Dhan discount brokers?
Yes, both Angel One and Dhan are discount brokers, offering cost-effective trading solutions compared to traditional full-service brokers.
What types of trading does Dhan support?
Dhan supports equity delivery, equity intraday, options trading, commodity trading, and currency options.
Do Angel One, and Dhan provide a brokerage calculator?
Yes, both Angel One and Dhan might offer a brokerage calculator tool that helps you estimate your trading costs based on various parameters.
Can I trade in direct mutual funds through these platforms?
Yes, both platforms might provide the option to invest in direct mutual funds, allowing you to save on distributor commissions.
What are equity delivery and equity intraday?
Equity delivery refers to buying and holding stocks for the long term, while equity intraday involves buying and selling stocks within the same trading day.